4th April 2017
Job Role: CASTS Investment Sourcing Broker
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS)Investment Sourcing Broker. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying and engaging potential investment opportunities
- Monitoring international market performance and advising start ups accordingly
- Due Diligence and Deal Execution
- Providing investment advice and market recommendations to start ups
- 2+ years experience in investment sourcing role
- Great knowledge about financial products available to start ups in the UK and overseas
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Exceptional and proven writing and communication skills
- Take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
- Knowledge of startup accelerators
Salary will be £30,000 – 40,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly instalments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Barbora Kvackova at Barbora@capitalenterprise.org