Job Role: OneTech – Agile Programme Manager
Role: Capital Enterprise is looking to recruit an Agile Programme Manager to support the OneTech programme.
Duration: This role will last until June 2020 with the opportunity to extend
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both prestart and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
We want to create a movement to increase diversity in Tech and Digital start-ups. We want to change the face of London’s startups. We have attracted a number of different grants to support under represented communities into tech start-ups.
The original OneTech project kicked off in 2018 and we have plans to move it from being a project to becoming a sustainable movement of change. This is why we now want to appoint an agile programme manager to help us to optimise team functionality. The person will be responsible for monitoring and managing all aspects of programme delivery using agile methodologies. This will enable us to optimise team efficiency, motivation with delivery, quality and timeliness.
You will be accountable to Capital Enterprise’s CFAO and will work as part of a small and friendly team, building a network of contacts and colleagues across a range of partner organisations and institutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a high-profile activity supporting our ambitious plans to increase diversity in London’s start-up ecosystem.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Challenging and improving the operation of the team, driving their performance and capability to succeed.
- Executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices, and driving a model of continuous delivery – Organising and leading regular planning meetings, retrospectives and standups
- Ensuring the path is clear for the team, removing blockers, facilitating discussions, enabling seamless communications
- Ensuring the team drives delivery with quality, innovation and automation at the heart.
- Overseeing workflow both within the team and through its various suppliers and delivery partners
- Leading on procurement and purchasing of goods and services
- Assessing the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of performance, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team and leading by example
- Applicants must have a minimum of Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- A high level of oral and written communication and numeracy is required
- Ability work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and able to priorities own workload
- Excellent use of all Microsoft Office-suite programs and google platform plus agile management tools such as Slack, Trello, Asana, Mindful Team, Retrospective Game etc
- Tact and discretion in the handling of highly confidential and sensitive information
- A high level of accuracy and consistent attention to detail
- Proven flexibility and an ability to priorities a busy workload
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of tasks to deadline and to work calmly in a fast-paced environment / under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with people and develop effective working relationships
- Experience in Agile Project Management
- Effective management, interpersonal and great communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- A project management qualification or interest in completing one
- Commitment to diversity
Salary will be £32,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
You will be entitled to 20 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Martha@capitalenterprise.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Tuesday 18th June 2019. For successful candidates interviews will be held on the 2nd/4thJuly 2019.