Capital Enterpriseis seeking proposals from experienced branding specialists to develop a brand and related assets for our newly launched diversity in tech work (currently known as All In Tech).
This brief sets out:
- Context and further information about the opportunity.
- The process and next steps.
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both prestart and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
Diversity in tech Summary
We want to create a movement to increase diversity in Tech and Digital start-ups by making start up support accessible to promising local founders.
This will be achieved by:
- Expanding the recruitment networks of, and reducing bias within, pre-accelerator, accelerator and investment readiness programmes through extensive outreach and engagement activity with minority communities
- Resourcing reserved places for founders from disadvantaged backgrounds (from the target boroughs) on pre-accelerator, accelerators and ’investment readiness’ programmes
- Using an ‘inspiration capital’ campaign to showcase the successful founders of BAME and female tech start-ups to the wider community,
- Developing and delivering a new ‘pay it forward’ mentor programme that will match “first time founders” with experienced founders and ex-entrepreneurs
- Researching – with both the investment community and with start-ups – how to address the unconscious bias in investment and what new approaches could be developed to help minority entrepreneurs access finance to build scalable businesses.
- Working with organisations like Diversity VC to commit investors in London to providing better access for BAME and female founders to investment
The project kicked off in June 2018 and, at least initially, runs until June 2020. An infographic summary is attached at Annex 1.
Brand and Asset Development
In order to promote and support the work of the consortium and building on Capital Enterprise’s own brand and position in the tech ecosystem, we now require a new brand for the diversity in tech work, to be developed in consultation with the project team (and where appropriate the wider delivery consortium).
Part 1 – to be complete by mid-September
This will include in the first instance as a minimum:
- (as advised) Review of the current working title ‘All In Tech’ and delivery of final project name
- Development of an accompanying strapline
- A logo
- Presentation template and slide deck
- 2 x pop-up banners
- Event invitation template that can be used for multiple events by all partners
Part 2 – optional ongoing branding consultancy and design work
The diversity in tech work will continue until June 2020 in the first instance. We anticipate needing ongoing support with branding, marketing and design and would welcome proposals which include options for this period.
Proposals should be sent by email to Alison Partridge (email@example.com) by midday on Wednesday 1 August 2018.
Proposals should include:
- Clear workplan showing methods, key dates and deliverables
- Evidence and examples of relevant experience including design/communications to reach and resonate with diverse audiences and the All in Tech ethos/mission
- Fee, broken down by either deliverable or day rate or both
- At least 2 references
A timetable for the selection process is detailed below:
|Stage||Deadline / Indicative timescale|
|Request for proposals published||Friday 20 July|
|Reponses deadline||1 August (midday)|
|Possible clarification calls||2, 3, 6 August|
|Selection of successful company||7 August|
|Kick-off meeting||9 August|
|Review meeting||30 August|
|Final delivery||Date to be confirmed in September|