Job Role: Communications & Events Manager
Location: To be confirmed – Central London
Role: We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic Communications & Events Manager to join the Capital Enterprise team.
You will lead on the planning and delivery of a busy events schedule and will be responsible for all matters relating to brand and media communications.
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both prestart and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being the guardian of the Capital Enterprise branding
- Taking Responsibility for the production of all marketing materials
- Ensuring that target audiences are being reached with the right content
- Owning social media channels and using initiative to drive the brand forward
- Creating monthly newsletters to inform startups and members of funding & growth opportunities, policy news and project updates
- Planning and delivery of ad-hoc programme marketing campaigns
- Proactively spotting and making the most of PR opportunities to deliver Capital Enterprise messaging
- Curating monthly – RBS Blog – In partnership with NatWest, covering a relevant and topical technology subject
- Taking ownership of design, content curation and development of the Capital Enterprise website
- Taking responsibility for development and execution of Capital Enterprise’s event programme
- Collaborating with members, partners, programmes and stakeholders to plan relevant events
- Responsibility for all pre-event logistics and delivery, including 6-8 weekly member events & monthly startup networking events
- Generating creative ideas and themes to maximise the event experience
- Liaising with speakers and suppliers
- Managing sponsorship
Partnerships & Programmes
- Building relationships & onboarding Capital Enterprise stakeholders and organisations into the network
- Be point of contact with the Capital Enterprise Board of Directors to include liaison around board meetings / away day planning, minute taking and follow up
- Measuring the impact of Capital Enterprise events, programmes & activities
- Proven experience of delivering events, marketing campaigns and community management.
- Experience of content development, social media management and web-based applications
- Knowledge of and experience within the tech entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Experience of developing and delivering new ideas and processes
- Experience in developing and delivering communications campaigns
- Excellent written communication skills across a range of channels including press releases, blogs & social content, including the ability to communicate concisely and with impact.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrable communications/events experience
- A real self-starter who has a genuine passion for startups and the tech ecosystem.
- Ability to take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to combat multiple demands
- A confident communicator who excels at stakeholder management
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Someone who is tech savvy with a working knowledge of wordpress, and experience in using Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Must be extremely detail oriented and execute tasks with great accuracy
- Creative with a good eye for design, needed for delivering branding work and content.
Salary will be £27,000- £30,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
You will be entitled to 20 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you are suitable for the role to Lizzy@capitalenterprise.org
**Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th February 2019**