Job Role: CASTS Events & Operation Manager
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS) Events & Operations Manager. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an events strategy that satisfies three key goals – (i) support the exposure and growth of the portfolio companies; (ii) drive the brand awareness in the entrepreneurial community, increasing the level of applications; (iii) drive a revenue stream for the business.
- Build a detailed event schedule designed to position the company as the exclusive “place to be” amongst the startup, investment, partner and retail consumer community
- Executing events efficiently
- Managing project budgets from start to finish
- Liaising with marketing and PR teams to ensure consistent messaging throughout all events
- Focus on quality and bring and eye for detail
- Maintain and developing client relationships
- Manage supplier relationships
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that exceed expectations
- Event management of our annual flagship event, a forward thinking event focused on innovation in our industry
- Support Head of Marketing and Comms
- Brand development
- Site creation and maintenance
- Creation of event marketing collateral via our in house designer
- Work closely with community manager to manage the hub and the startups and entrepreneurs
- Community outreach: Help to build the presence in London’s startup ecosystem; attend community events on fashion, retail and technology
- At least 5+ years of experience in event management, startups and the investment sector
- Self-starter with lots of ideas
- Is able to think creatively and has the ability to create a buzz
- Impeccable organizational skills, particularly in time management and coordinating the team and third parties
- Experience in retail, consumer, startup or investment communities is an advantage
- Experience in applying metrics to measure the success of events
- Excellent written and language skills.
- Is confident, outgoing, personable and is able to work with a wide variety of people and stakeholders
- take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
- knowledge of startup accelerators
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Barbora Kvackova at Barbora@capitalenterprise.org