Role: Software Developer intern
GetRentr is a data-driven prop-tech platform and our mission is to use data and tech to improve rental property standards and to expose rogue landlords so that no tenant has to live in substandard accommodation again. We aggregate and map lots of different
data sets into wonderful products to make this happen.
If you want to make a difference, circumventing traditional processes, and get creative with your technical skills, then we’re the company for you!
As a Software Developer Intern, you will work alongside our CTO and Product Manager to support the company’s technical, creative and data R&D efforts:
– Design and write bots to aggregate, cleanse and merge data into machine-readable datasets
– Turn that data into dashboards with charts, tables and maps
– Combine with our existing data to reveal new insights for a variety of purposes
This job might be for you if:
– You want to innovate.
– You want to contribute to, and be part of, something totally new that is constantly evolving. You’re proud and excited by the impact you’re having on the industry.
– You enjoy problem solving, taking on challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer you’ll dig until you find it and / or hash it out with your co-workers. A creative exploratory mindset will also thrive on this team.
– You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
– You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
– You’re also a good and confident communicator who isn’t afraid to give their opinion but who is also good at listening to others.
A typical day could involve any or all of the below:
● A brainstorm to tease out the architecture for a new feature or an entire new avenue of data set discovery.
● Statistical analysis or manipulation of new data sets
● Figuring out how all this information feeds into the wider picture
● A great portfolio you’re proud to show off
● Some cool side projects to show or talk about is nice but not essential
● Some experience integrating with APIs, REST is a bonus but not essential
● Python skills a plus, but not essential
● Bachelor’s degree required and degree in Computer Science or related field
● Working with data sets and AI/Machine Learning experience a bonus but not essential
● Knowledge of other technologies including but not limited to HTML, XML, MySQL, Objective-C, Swift, Java, AWS is always good
● Office space in Geovation Hub - an innovation hub specialising in geospatial mapping and development. We get to make great new things around other innovative companies also making awesome new things.
● 2 serious hacker founders with 20 years hacking and coding experience for you to work directly with and learn from
● Other geo dev and data resources available to us at Geovation Hub
● Access to OS and HMLR data libraries among many other data sets
● A founding team who are passionate about what we do and looking for other inspiring and passionate people to help us grow
● An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
How to apply:
Please complete this online application form + send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org