Invitation to Tender for OneTech Investment Readiness Coordinator
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for-profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both prestart and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
Currently, in the UK, for every £1 of venture capital investment, less than 1p goes to all-female led teams. A staggering 93% of all funds raised by European VC-backed companies in 2018 went to all-male founding teams.
OneTech aims to change that. Lead by Capital Enterprise, with support from JPMorgan and the Mayor of London, OneTech is an ambitious initiative that aims to double the number of Female and BAME founders that go on to raise investment. The programme offers underrepresented and underestimated founders with access to pre-acceleration, investment readiness, workspace, mentoring and more.
The project kicked off in October 2018 and, at least initially, runs until December 2020. This ITT is for a provider to start as soon as possible and work with us until 30 June 2020, subject to performance etc.
2. Services required
Capital Enterprise is looking to appoint external support for the OneTech Investment / Access to Finance activities to enable the programme to support BAME and Female founders and help them launch and scale their tech businesses.
The provider will be accountable to Capital Enterprise’s Head of Delivery and will work as part of a small and friendly team, building a network of contacts and colleagues across a range of partner organisations and institutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a high profile activity supporting our ambitious plans to increase diversity in London’s start-up ecosystem.
- Delivering a regular investment readiness programme and ongoing support and advice to founders and start-ups, based on the highly successful Green Light Programme;
- Setting up and delivering:
- Investment Demo days (founder demo days with key players in the investment ecosystem).
- Coordinating regular workshops/ sessions with founders that cater to their investment related needs e.g. pitch practice workshops and access to finance workshops.
- Developing and maintaining a network of relationships with the London VC and Angel community (e.g. Downing, Balderton, Diversity VC etc);
- Assisting with the day-to-day programme operations;
- Developing and delivering presentations and workshops centred around investment and access to other relevant finance opportunities;
- Running regular face to face 1:1 and 1: many community events/meet-ups to help develop the investment related skills of our founders;
- Tracking and providing evidence of support provided to founders
We anticipate that the provider would deliver approximately 8 days per month, with some peaks and troughs.
3. Proposal Requirements
Bidders will be required to submit detailed proposals demonstrating:
- Understanding of the brief and its context;
- Proposed project plan including expected stages of startup / entrepreneur / founder interaction and associated timelines.
- Proposal for how you will record your interactions to use as supporting evidence of activity;
- Evidence of previous relevant experience and particularly;
- Experience in an investor relations / access to finance support function.
- Experience in, and / or detailed knowledge of, London’s investment community and other funding sources of relevance to tech entrepreneurs and startups
- Knowledge of, and experience within, the tech entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Proven experience of delivering impactful workshops, events and community management.
4. Submission of Proposals
Your proposals – no more than 6 sides of A4 in total – should be submitted to Lizzy Robins via email – Lizzy@capitalenterprise.org
All those who tender will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their tender. The closing date for submission of proposals has been extended to Monday 18th March 2019 at 17:00, after which we may hold interviews with short listed providers. We are looking for a provider to start in April 2019.
5. Further Information
If you would like any further information you should contact Lizzy Robins on Lizzy@capitalenterprise.org.