Goldsmiths Computing has an international reputation in the area of immersive and VR technologies and this year we launched a new MA & MSc in VR & AR. We would like to invite you to attend a workshop and demo session on Friday 13th December, and the opportunity to shape the future of our curriculum.
This is the first step in a programme we are involved in to review the Higher-Level Digital skills needs of SMEs in London. The programme will also include potential subsidized student placements.
What you can expect on the day:
- VR module overview from the course leader, Marco Gillies, and workshop discussion to determine your talent requirements in this area
- Spend time seeing the work students on the VR module are producing
- Debrief session & networking
Benefits to SMEs engaging
- The opportunity to help shape skills development in the area of VR, AR, mixed reality and immersive technologies skills, while enabling graduates to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills that your company needs
- Potential access to a heavily subsidised placement – a student working on a defined project for 6 weeks in your business
- Opportunity to network and build relationships with peers
Details of the workshop:
Date: 13th December 2019 Time: Arrive at 1pm
1 – 3 pm Networking lunch & workshop3 – 5 pm Student demos5 – 5.30 pm Debrief session
Location: Goldsmiths, University of London Campus (New Cross)
We believe you can make a significant contribution to shaping the future of digital talent in London, and we hope you register for Goldsmiths’ first Digital Grid Partnership workshop.
Contact Eilidh Macdonald if you want to attend the first event on the 13th Dec and/or want to know more about the programme: