Company: Number Eight
Role: Machine Learning Engineer
• We are expecting candidates to move to our offices in London, United Kingdom.
• We are not ready to sponsor non-EU candidates at the moment.
• Please do not contact about NumberEight’s job postings if you are a recruitment, contracting, or outsourcing agency.
We are a VC/angel backed early stage startup developing novel on-device artificial intelligence software to predict user context by leveraging sensors in mobile devices. It’s very difficult – memory constraints, battery constraints, privacy concerns and more. But why is this important and what are the benefits? Check this out: https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/telecom/wireless/smartphones-will-get-even-smarter-with-ondevice-machine-learning. We are a fun-loving group and like to work hard and play hard.
We are looking for highly ambitious and self-organizing individuals to form our core engineering team. As a machine learning intern, you will be researching new insights that can be hypothesized from smartphone sensor data according to our artificial intelligence models. Key responsibilities will include data acquisition strategies, proprietary dataset creation, data cleaning, amongst others.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH: Ex-Apple, IBM, Palm, Blackberry engineers
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Write good, clean, documented code
• Mobile sensor data processing (accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, location etc.)
• Noise filtering
• Data cleaning and visualization
• Dataset creation
• Very, very important – Think through solutions from a user perspective
• Think on your feet
• Take ownership of projects
• Work collaboratively
EXPECTED START DATE: June 2018
• Thursday lunches
If you’ve gotten this far – stop. And apply 🙂
If things go well, we would love for you to join us full-time once the internship is over.
How to apply:
Please complete this online application form + send your CV to email@example.com