Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 206 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes Startupbootcamp.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 60+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
Startupbootcamp has grown quickly since 2010 to become Europe’s leading (and largest) startup accelerator. This massive growth has opened up opportunities for a small group of exceptional people to lead all aspects of scaling the organization.
Startupbootcamp is on the hunt for a Global Marketing Manager – a talented professional who will lead the way in promoting Startupbootcamp as a global tech thought leader through a variety of marketing channels.
You’re at the top of your game and are a unique, curious thinker who believes the old world of marketing needs adapting. You are also the epitome of a multi tasker as you’ll need to assist 9 programs in 7 countries in creating and executing their marketing strategies.
A few other qualities you likely represent:
You are a true creator and a strong believer in content marketing to create relevant and meaningful content.
You are a true execution builder and understand the importance of distribution and knows how to build reach.
You are analytically driven, you see underlying patterns and trends and know how to convince others of your plans, based on these insights.
You are a digital citizen, you are fascinated what is happening online and can impress us with your online present.
- We’re looking for somebody to:
- Lead the Startupbootcamp global marketing to greatness.
- Be the voice of the Startupbootcamp brand and share a deep understanding of digital marketing, inbound marketing, events, social media, and online publishing
- Work in collaboration with all 9 Startupbootcamp programs to create repeatable marketing concepts and coach them to become their own marketing powerhouses
- Collaborate with the Communication Manager and other team members to gain global exposure through press and other media channels
- Manage the global events schedule and key relationships including all conferences and pitch days to create valuable exposure opportunities
- Develop and expand the Startupbootcamp website and other online platforms
- Deliver a methodological tracking system for all marketing activities including quantitative KPIs and a monthly marketing report
- Self-starter: take charge and deliver on your own; be pro-active and independent
- Credibility: 4+ years full time of hands-on marketing (online, strategy, etc) experience
- Multi-tasker: this is a broad role and you’ll have to enjoy juggling many tasks
- Startups: understand startup accelerators and experienced working in or with startups
- Master of copy: write compelling, super-shareable content and have a portfolio with proof of audience engagement to back you up
- Visual: have a knack for aesthetics and able to create concise, insightful presentations
- London: able to work out of our brand spanking new Global HQ at Rainmaking Loft
- Metrics driven: comfortable with lean testing, analysis, and optimisation
- Startup experience is a plus – there’s no HR person or support staff to rely on
- Existing relationships with the tech media and conferences
- Comfortable with creator platforms for producing graphics, video, etc
- Witty sense of humor. Don’t take yourself too serious we love a good laugh
- Flexible structure (place, time, traveling, etc)
- Supportive environment with upfront feedback
- Lots of room for personal and professional growth
- Make your own quantitative OKR-based goals
- Based in London to work out of the new Startupbootcamp Global HQ at * Rainmaking Loft. You’ll also be able to travel to any of Startupbootcamp’s locations around the world.
Don’t fit exactly?
We realize nobody is going to fit exactly. Don’t fit the job spec perfectly but have unique skills that enable you to become an amazing member of our team? We don’t hire great backgrounds, we hire great people. If you have a passion for joining an amazing team and becoming the a world class team member, we’d love to hear from you!
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly McNally (email@example.com) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 1st December 2014.
The contract will last until 30 January 2015.