ERDF Consultancy Brief: Startupbootcamp Communication and Social Media Manager
Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 284 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes Startupbootcamp.
Startupbootcamp is a highlightly selective global startup accelerator with 8 programs in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Eindhoven and Israel, and a mentor and alumni network in more than 30 countries.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 70+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
Startupbootcamp is searching for an independent and flexible individual who wants to stimulate his or her personal growth by joining our young startup accelerator company. The applicant should be ready to work in a very fast-paced, should be a problem solver and should have a positive can-do-mentality.
Are you an digital media fanatic? Do you want to work in a unique and exciting environment surrounded with startups and entrepreneurs? Startupbootcamp is looking for an Communication and Social Media Manager for 6 months to manage our digital communication channels. The best candidate will work with the Global staff and local based accelerator programs to ensure that we keep our startups, mentors and partners informed about all our activities.
- Update the Startupbootcamp social media channels with content and news from the local SBC accelerator programs and Global announcements.
- Maintain and developing the existing social media channels.
- Managing our email marketing database and production of newsletter content.
- Creating Social Media Analytics reports to share with the local accelerator programs.
- Support and assist the Marketing team with research for thought leadership content for startups.
- Assist the Global team with other activities, (e.g. events, administration ) where necessary.
- Educated to degree level with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have previous experience using social media tools and products.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and other delivering email communications is required.
- Knowledge of social media analytic tools is a bonus.
- Native English speaking and living and studying in London.
- In pursuit of a higher education Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communication or related field. Or a recent graduate, within 6 months of the internship start date, with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or related field.
- You have an very big interest in the tech scene.
- You have a positive can-do mentality and you are a true problem solver.
- You take your work serious, but not yourself.
- You can work independently.
- The possibility to work and meet the best startups from Europe and build up a tech network in London.
- Experience, skills and knowledge of working in the tech startup sector and of working for an exciting and growing accelerator organisation.
- To work in one of the most unique startup hubs in London inside the Rainmaking Loft at St Katharine Dock.
Don’t fit exactly?
We realize nobody is going to fit exactly. Don’t fit the job spec perfectly but have unique skills that enable you to become an amazing member of our team? We don’t hire great backgrounds, we hire great people. If you have a passion for joining an amazing team and becoming the a world class team member, we’d love to hear from you!
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 26th August 2014
The contract will last until 31st July 2015