ERDF Consultancy Brief: Eco Machines Marketing & Relationships Associate
Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 284 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes EcoMachines Incubator.
EcoMachines Incubator, a London-based seed fund, is looking for an energetic Marketing and Relationships Associate for a 6 month contract. The job will include a wide range of responsibilities and tasks. You will support the marketing efforts of the companies EcoMachines has invested in, organise and attend various industry events, build and maintain partnerships with investors and corporates. It will be of greatest interest to candidates who want to pursue a career in marketing, PR, communications and business development.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 70+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
About the Role
You will be working with a small team based in Rainmaking Loft, a collaborative working space in Central London, with our portfolio companies, and our network of mentors and advisors.
The role will include providing support for the CEO and executive team in:
- providing marketing and communications support to companies going through the Accelerator Programme
- social media management and monitoring
- finding new media opportunities and events for EcoMachines and portfolio companies
- writing content for blog and quarterly newsletter around portfolio company news
- managing a database of partners on CRM system
- setting up meetings with corporate and investor stakeholders for portfolio companies
- support PR and Comms partner organisation
- attending and organising events
The successful candidate will be a fast learner with strong communication and interpersonal skills that enjoys working with multiple stakeholders:
- A strong (2:1) degree in Marketing or Business related discipline
- A high level of computer literacy (proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to keep on top of multiple projects at the same time
- Proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of WordPress would be an advantage
- Good writing skills
In your cover letter, please outline what additional skills and experience you have. Below are some examples:
- Report writing experience
- Project management or event organisation experience
- Previous digital marketing and design experience
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications
- Blogging experience
The contract is available for a 6 month period. Payment is £1,100 p.m. for the first 3 months, increasing to £1,500 for the next three months. A full-time position may be available after the contract, subject to satisfactory performance and business needs.
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly Lloyd (email@example.com) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 12th December 2014
The contract will last until 31st July 2015